Anyone can develop a chalazion or stye, but if you have blepharitis, a condition affecting the eyelid margins, you may be more likely to get either one.
You may also have an increased risk of developing chalazia or styes if you:
- Have had chalazia or styes previously;
- Have skin conditions such as acnea rosacea or seborrheic dermatitis;
- Have other systemic medical conditions, such as diabetes.
- Consistently don't remove eye makeup completely;
- Use old or contaminated cosmetics.
Next Page: What Causes Chalazia and Styes?