Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

If I have Parkinson's (a disease of the brain that causes shaking) do I need to see a special eye doctor?

Because they have attended medical or osteopathic school, a comprehensive ophthalmologist is the person I would recommend for primary eye care if I or a loved one had Parkinson's disease. The comprehensive ophthalmologist can refer you to a neuro-ophthalmologist or neurologist, if necessary.

Answered by: Richard G. Shugarman, MDDr. Richard Shugarman

Categories: General Eye Health

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Apr 27, 2014

Pop needs to be configured.