Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

What can be done with a turned lens due to injury? 

It appears that you have a partially dislocated (or "subluxated") lens, although only a comprehensive eye examination could prove this. In general, if your quality of life is affected by reduced vision or other problematic symptoms in the eye, the lens could be removed and replaced with an implant. However, the placement of the implant could be compromised by the prior injury, and of course it is important to know if the injury caused other problems that could affect your postoperative vision.

Answered by: Charles P. Wilkinson, MD  Dr. Charles P. Wilkinson

Categories: Eye Injuries, Eye Surgery

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Aug 04, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.