Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I have very small pupils and ptosis. Would you recommend a doctor dilate my eyes and then use the large machine with the bright green light to check my retina and health of my eyes? Usually they cannot get a picture due to my lids and the shape of my eyes.   

I would recommend that you see an ophthalmologist and have a good comprehensive eye examination that includes dilating of the pupils. This is the optimal way to "check the retina" and photographs are usually not necessary.

Answered by: Charles P. Wilkinson, MD Dr. Charles P. Wilkinson

Categories: General Eye Health

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Jan 15, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.