Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I had cataract surgery 27 years ago and recently got hit in my left eye by machinery resulting in an elongated image—I see a square as a rectangle. The ophthalmologist at a public hospital said that the better solution to surgery was to "live with it" Should I seek a second opinion from private consultants?   

It sounds like the trauma may have damaged the retina and I would recommend that you see a retina specialist for evaluation before making your decision to go without treatment.

Answered by: Jeffrey Whitman, MDDr. Jeffrey Whitman

Categories: Eye Injuries

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Dec 08, 2012

Pop needs to be configured.