Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I am 56 years old and have been wearing an artificial eye since 1962. At the moment the eye glass looks very small and falls off sometimes. How can I replace it?

Please contact your ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.). She will examine the eye and assess the health of the lining. A referral to an ocularist can then be made to have a new prosthetic shell created for you.

Answered by: Rona Silkiss, MD Dr. Rona Silkiss

Categories: General Eye Health

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Feb 20, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.