Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

What eye specialist would I see if I am experiencing temporary blindness in one eye or sometime both eyes? The blindness lasts one to two minutes and occurs about 20 times per year. Also, I have pressure sometimes at the same time as the blindness (feels similar to my eye being squeezed). Thank you.

You need a comprehensive eye exam as soon as possible. Decreased vision can be a serious warning sign of eye disease. A comprehensive ophthalmologist can give you a thorough exam and recommend a specialist, if needed.

Answered by: Ruth Williams, MD Dr. Ruth D. Williams

Categories: Eye Conditions, Eye Diseases

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Nov 23, 2010

Pop needs to be configured.