Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

What can I do for pain in eye from a sand particle? I have washed out my eye with little relief.

It is not washing out because it is embedded and needs to be removed by an ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.). Do not rub or take other steps to remove it. You can only make it worse at this point.

Answered by: Richard G. Shugarman, MD Dr. Richard Shugarman

Categories: Eye Injuries

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Jan 08, 2014

Pop needs to be configured.