Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

My mother was deep frying yesterday when a little bit of oil hit her eye and now I see a little blister on her sclera. Is there an over-the-counter med that I can get to soothe the pain?

There is nothing for pain, but over-the-counter artificial tears may help and she can use them as much as she likes. If the pain continues she needs to go to the ER and have this evaluated today.

Answered by: Jeffrey Whitman, MDDr. Jeffrey Whitman

Categories: Eye Conditions

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Apr 04, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.