Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

Are there doctors who specialize in multifocal issues after implantation?

Any cataract surgeon using multifocal intraocular lenses should be able to address any issues, concerns or complications after surgery. Multifocal lenses have complicated optics and occasionally yield visual symptoms that are difficult to explain and improve. If you have issues with your multifocal lens and your surgeon is unable to address them satisfactorily, then by all means ask him or her to make a recommendation for a consultation with another surgeon experienced in multifocals. This is not an unreasonable request and your doctor should be happy to offer a referral.

Answered by: Gary Hirshfield, MDDr. Gary Hirshfield

Categories: Cataracts, Eye Surgery

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Sep 01, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.