Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

If a child has lazy eye and is seeing double what can be done?

A child with a lazy eye must be evaluated by their ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.) as soon as the condition is suspected. One form of this problem results in each eye acting separately and not working together to form a single image. This results in double vision and may require corrective eyewear, eye exercises, or even eye muscle surgery. This must be addressed appropriately well before the child reaches 7 years of age or improvement may not be possible.

Answered by: Wayne Bizer, DO Wayne Bizer, DO

Categories: Children's Eye Health, Eye Diseases

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Sep 24, 2012

Pop needs to be configured.