Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I have an infection in my eye that I believe is a form of keratitis. What medicine do I need to get over the counter to help me? I am a contact lens wearer and this is not the first time this has happened. But this time it's much worse. I never sleep in my lenses but I have a big history of these infections. It is very painful to be anywhere with too much light.

This may be a bacterial infection and requires immediate evaluation and treatment. Over-the-counter drops do not treat this and delay in treatment can be very harmful to your vision. Please see an Eye M.D. immediately.

Answered by: Gary Hirshfield, MDDr. Gary Hirshfield

Categories: Eye Conditions

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Sep 01, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.