Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I am a primary school teacher and I have a student who has what looks like gaps in her eyes like flecks of light. I work in a very deprived area and my gut instinct is something is not right. At first I thought it was just light reflecting but I have seen it a number of times.  

The child should be seen by an ophthalmologist.

Answered by: Charles P. Wilkinson, MDDr. Charles P. Wilkinson

Categories: Children's Eye Health

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Feb 08, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.