Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

I have Fuchs’ dystrophy. Are there any special contacts that can help minimize glare?

The glare comes from fluid intake in the inner lining and stroma of the cornea. No contact lens will alter this. Some antiglare regular eyeglasses might cut down a little glare but this largely depends upon the source of light. You should discuss this with a corneal specialist who can advise you about progression and further therapy.

Answered by: Richard Bensinger, MD Dr. Richard Bensinger

Categories: Eye Diseases

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Feb 13, 2013

Pop needs to be configured.