Ask an Eye M.D. Answer Archive

Please read our important medical disclaimer.

In dimly lit room, I see a dark large spot that is steadily increasing in size. Is this a symptom of my dry macular degeneration?    

It is possible that this can be a manifestation of either wet or dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It is important to see your ophthalmologist or a retina specialist to have this evaluated.

Answered by: John Kitchens, MD Dr. John W. Kitchens

Categories: Eye Diseases

Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? Ask it!

Answered: Jul 12, 2012

Pop needs to be configured.